Lemon Herb Potatoes
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 1 hour 30 minutes
Total: 1 hour 50 minutes
5-6 large russet potatoes, scrubbed clean
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
4 cloves garlic, grated
1 lemon, zested and then sliced
1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablepsoon fresh cracked pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 heads of garlic, cut in half
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Equipment: American Kitchen Cookware 12-inch Cast Aluminum Square Roaster + chopsticks or wooden spoons.
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a small bowl add butter, grated garlic, lemon zest, rosemary, thyme, kosher salt, and pepper. Mix together until the mixture is smooth.
3. Place 2 chopsticks along each side of your potato and slice the potato from end to end in thin, ¼ in slices. The chopsticks stop the knife from going all the way through the potato. Alternately, you can use wooden spoon handles in place of the chopsticks.
4. Place the sliced potatoes into your 12-inch Cast Aluminum Square Roaster then coat with the butter mixture and drizzle the tops with the olive oil.
5. Place sliced lemons and garlic heads and place them around the potatoes.
6. Cover your pan with the glass cover and bake for an hour before removing cover and baking for another 30 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven, garnish with fresh minced parsley and enjoy!